Sunset Solo Flight

|
She didn't see that coming! All along, she has been expecting an early flight, perhaps 0700 but definitely not a sunset's!

She did three stop-and-go's and she pulled them off! She was like a bird, first taking off off the nest and out of her comfort zone! I felt really happy for her, so did the rest of the audience.

Sonali : RP-C8835, just landed and cleared of the active runway and closing my flight plan.
Tower : Congratulation! (Congratulations! Screaming and yelling from the background - the Clark Tower staffs!)

She had so many people rooting for her! We clapped as she landed and laughed with her when she squealed out of happiness. I texted her dad all the way to Russia and I can tell that he was very happy for her.

Sonali's Dad : Now you've proved you're my daughter! (Her dad is a very experienced Fighter Pilot from the National Defense of India)
Sonali : What do you mean! Don't say that, dad... Hahahaha!

That's what happened yesterday. It ended pretty nicely.
(Hm, I wonder when's my turn...)

By the way, as an international aviation tradition, we poured very dirty water unto her and the crowd cheered as she yelled, "Now, pour the bloody (clean) water!" She couldn't wait for the push-and-pull of "Who's gonna pour the clean water?"

(Photo from Francis' Canon PowerShot TX1)

0 Loud remark(s):