Mohamed's Birthday!

|

It's the 1st of October, I'm excited because a new month has begun, marking the 3rd month of my studies here.
More importantly, it's gonna be someone's Big Day tomorrow. I have had some plans in mind already since a week before, on how to throw him a surprise.
Straight after class, I rushed hurriedly to my dorm. Stripped and changed in less than a minute just to catch the shuttle bus. I managed to, but in my soaking T-shirt and already wet slippers. It was raining pretty heavily but in a way, it's pleasant. Maybe because I was left alone the last weekend - eating alone, watching TV alone, another meal alone and sleeping alone in that spacious dorm. No companion but no grievance.
Reached the nearest mall in about 20 minutes dued to the bad weather and the crawl in the traffic. Wasting no time, I got off the shuttle telling the polite driver to wait for me for 20 minutes. Pacing rapidly to Goldilock, one of the famous cake houses without knowing the real directions to it. I felt lost. Walking in my wet pair of slippers worsen the situation, as I was almost slipped a few times, looking like a clown.
I found it! Satisfactory embraced me at once pushing the chill away from my body. I was really freezing but it was no big deal. Stepped into the shop looking for the perfect flavour, perfect shape, the perfect cake for my perfect cousin took me around 15 minutes. Imagine yourself wandering around in the cake house in semi-wet shirt, shivering and asking stupid questions. 15 minutes felt like half an hour.
Despite the price, I chose a mocha flavoured rectangular cake. the only thing I dislike was the fake cream flowers. I hate colorings but, can do nothing about it as the rest of the bunch were worse. No more words.
Worth the troubles I went through. Looking at the cake makes me go Speechless!

0 Loud remark(s):