Sequel to the previous post - the accident.

|

After several trials of making appointment with Mr. and Mrs. Hew, I failed to meet them. Most probably they were busy sending their children to school and managing their jeans-specialized shop. However, I was able to talked to their assistant, also their eldest daughter,
Summer. Below was our conversation (on the phone) this afternoon.


Abbreviations:

SU – Summer

ZE – Zellent (Me)

ChS – Chinese Slang

MaE – Malaysian English

SiE – Singaporean English



ZE: Hello…

SU: Hello, LeeCooper. How may I help you?

ZE: Hi, I’m Zellent from http://zellent.blogspot.com/. May I have an interview with Mr. Hew, whom should be your boss or Mrs. Hew, his wife regarding the accident on 31st of July happened on the Sg. Long – Kajang highway, please?

SU: (after whispering to both of them) My boss? Oh! My father and mother ah (ChS)? Oh no no.. I’m busy. I mean they’re busy right now. Really busy… Really de (ChS). No bluff you (MaE).

ZE: Em, may I know who am I speaking to?

SU: I’m Summer, assistant of the shop and also their daughter, their future heiress!

ZE: (intended to flirt with her so that she might pass the phone to Mr. or Mrs. Hew) Please Miss Summer leng-lui*… Please let me talk to either one of them!

SU: Hmm…

(paused)

ZE: (thought that I could just get some useful information from her, I changed my target to her) Ok la (MaE). Then I’m sure you can spend some time on just a short interview. I promise to promote your Friendster Superstar Profile in my blog!

SU: (after considering the offer and is quite happy to get the ‘Superstar’ title) Wah, sure sure, no problem. Cheh, they busy only ma, I’m not busy la (ChS and MaE)… So, what do you wanna know? I cannot tell all de wor, must keep some secrets to make some good news (ChS)! Hahaha (evil laughs).

ZE: Sure, just tell me what exactly happened.

SU: Har? What ‘what exactly happened’? You specify some questions la! Huiyo (ChS)…

ZE: (what the *toot*) Ok. So, what time did the accident occur?

SU: They (Mr. and Mrs. Hew) said about nine something lor (ChS). I think my mother said 9.45. Em, 9.45am la (MaE).

ZE: (what the *toot*, again…) Err… Ok, so the accident occurred at 9.45am, right? Who was the driver and was there any passenger?

SU: Har (ChS)! My father’s car, of course he was the one driving! What la you (MaE)… And what ah? Passenger? Aiyo, you no common sense de ah (ChS)! Just now you said “… Mrs. Hew, his wife…” then of course my mother was the passenger la (MaE)..!

ZE: (sighs) Hm, was there anyone else in the car? (thought she might just screw me again, I acted smart by assuming she has some siblings) Your sister or brother leh (ChS)? Or maybe you?

SU: You sot* already ah (ChS)? They no need go to school meh (ChS)? How to fly to the car har (MaE)?!Me what? I was having class at my college. Olympia College.

ZE: (really got screwed again… so, changed question) Alright then. So there was only one passenger. How did it happen and did anyone get hurt?

SU: It was raining that morning and my father was driving safely, at just about 80-90 km/h. And then suddenly the car just buang* and he lost control of the car completely. Wah, the car was spinning, like in a movie! Hehehe (another of her evil laughs)!

ZE: (wanted to remind her about the latter question – did anyone get hurt?) Err…

SU: Err what err (MaE)? Got thing then ask la (MaE)!

ZE: (speaking slowly, in attempt to remind her about the question) So… did… anyone… get… hur… hur... t?

SU: (acted like a kiasu* (SiE) when she realized that she has forgotten that question) Oh, that question ah (ChS)? I wanted to answer just now but you said “err…” so I didn’t answer. Your fault la (MaE)! Hm, really strange but no one got hurt! That car was very badly damaged but to my surprise, my parents had no injury at all, not even a scratch! Hihihi (third evil laughs of the day…)!

ZE: Wow, they must be lucky! Hm, I was wondering, were there any cars around? The accident happened on a high-way, so should have many cars, right (MaE)?

SU: No la (MaE)… Very few cars only. Haha, my parents also very funny! No cars also can accident! Hohohoho (another one?)!

ZE: Haha (laughed just to go along with her)! Alright, so I think that’s it. Thank you very much and enjoy your day!

SU: Ok la (MaE)… Woi (ChS), remember to promote my SUPERSTAR Profile wor (ChS)…! Huhuhuhu (last ‘piece’ of all her trademark evil laughs…)

ZE: Sure, sure! Buh-bye!




*leng-luipretty girl in Cantonese (one of the Chinese dialects)

*sot crazy in Cantonese (one of the Chinese dialects)

*buang slipped and slid on the road in Bahasa Malaysia

*kiasuextreme fear of losing in Hokkien (one of the Chinese dialects)




So, this was it. Got some information…


Summary: accident – morning, 9.45am – raining – buang – no cars around – no one got hurt – Summer’s Superstar Profile.



Summer




4 Loud remark(s):

Anonymous said...

yiiiii... i tot u wan 2 bcome a pilot ge?? y u look like a reporter now le?? haha...

Anonymous said...

haha. yea. exactly! really like reporter only. lousy la you. :p kla. be reporter for now la k. still in malaysia. haha. then later fly already dont so pat anymore :D haha. take care!

Zellent Low said...

pilot + reporter = piporter.

so, i'll take up that job! thanks for reading!! besides, i just wanna let you guys know more about your friends!

Anonymous said...

It is damn funny ok... How dare you go and interview people like that? Hahaha... You are realy brave...