Speeds

|


I was surprised to see my download speed got that high (682.4 kb/s) and I was so close to missed this screenshot. Well, the speeds remain there for a few hours and then they went low, like usual.

So you might ask, how the hell did I get high download speed like that? It's simple. Just remember a few lines when you're using your P2P engine(s) to download stuff:
  • Sharing is caring. Do not set your download limits too high and upload's too low.
  • Give and Take. Try to be a little more selfless. It's unfair to others if you want the best/most just for yourself, you leechers.
Actually, that's all. You'll be surprise to see improvements if you stick to these "rules."

P/S : I have no idea why my upload rate was low (92.3 kb/s), compared to the download rate. It happens, it happens.

4 Loud remark(s):

EuEu said...

that speed is not achievable for home users in malaysia hahaha

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Zellent Low said...

Eueu, actually it DOES! My friend has achieved passed 600 kb/s. You're a little unlucky, I guess!

EuEu said...

that is impossible T_T unless u've partly streamed the file then downloaded it, the speed would reach a high but not for long as it would stabilize after awhile.

the line i've subscribed from streamyx is the 1.0mb package. and that is in bits. my download speed in bytes would be 1000/8 which is 125kb/s max. and I dont usually get the full 1.0mb speed mostly around 800+ when i tested it at speedtest.net. so my dl speed usually lingers around 100-110kb/s which is normal.

the fastest package streamyx has right now is the 4.0mb package. the highest download speed you could reach is 4000/8 = 500kb/s. Unless your friend is using some other isp for his home use with about 5.0mb connection, there's no way in malaysia he could reach those speeds @.@